This list of posts is organized in the form of an outline. Some posts are found under more than one heading.
The nature of the problem
- Purpose of this blog
- Why turn information into meaning?
- Why can’t we see that we have a problem?
- The basics: How do people convert communications into meaning?
- How do we create value?
- A general problem of conventional marketplaces
- Contracts, laws, policies and other forms of theft through words
- Weaving the new into the old
One aspect of a solution — a model for representing practical knowledge
- The Insight-Centric Knowledge Model
- Why do we need a new model like ICKMOD?
- My goals … and biases
- Similarities and differences between NKRL and ICKMOD
- What kind of knowledge do we need to represent?
- What are the characteristics of a good model for practical
- Building a better tool for capturing and managing knowledge
- The “dimensions” of representing practical knowledge
- TamingComplexity.org compared to formal project activities
Examples and explanations
Solving the problem
- Mapping madness
- That compulsion to draw circles and arrows
- We need the computer as an intermediary for taming complexity
Basics and terminology
Strategies and tactics for getting started
- Ignore almost everything … if you can.
- Incremental formalization
- Let’s get practical — Part 1
- Let’s get practical — Part 2
- Let’s get practical — Part 3 (capturing text and metadata)